Local buses operate within the Whitsunday region. Refer to the local bus network for details.
Whitsunday Coast Transport
Once you arrive at the Whitsundays, you have varied options of getting around the region. You can take a bus, taxi, drive and/ or walk;
Buses and Taxis
- Daily bus service connecting Proserpine, Cannonvale, Airlie Beach and Shute Harbour from designated bus stops every 30-60 minutes on Whitsunday Transit.
- Safe night service between Cannonvale and Jubilee Pocket 7 days a week until 10:30pm with wheelchair accessible facilities.
- Whitsunday Taxis are available 24 hours a day.
- There a many car hire companies available at outlets in Airlie Beach
- Local rental companies are also available.
Getting around Airlie Beach on foot is easy due to the flat and scenic boardwalk that curves around the foreshore of Airlie Beach to Abell Point Marina and through to Cannonvale Beach.